Sunday, October 15, 2006

Life goes on...

Although there are times when one day seems to be the same as the last and everything around you seems to be moving, when I look at my children I realize life does continue to move forward, one day at a time.

Stephanie and Josh's home is getting closer to completion. They have set a deadline of Thanksgiving. Anyone who has lived through a construction project while living in the home knows what an exausting project it can be. I hope they make it.

If I haven't mentioned it, Jon began training for extreme fighting and has had four fights... last night he won his first fight! He said his lip was split and his eye was a little swollen, but other than that he is fine. He was very excited and I am happy for him. As his mother I don't think I can sit through a fight, but if he asked I would. He is also handling all his last year of classes and due to graduate in May of 2007. Who would have ever thought that a young man with a very severe form of dyslexia would make it through a five year program in college. I am so proud of him I could burst.

Timothy is very busy. One month before his 21st birthday, after having gone off base for an evening of entertainment, he was walking back to the base and they were testing everyone under 21 for their blood alcohol level, Tim's was .05 and of course any level was too high. He sweated it out for a month for the military to decide his punishment, and on his 21st birthday he was called in and told he would lose one stripe, have 45 days extra duty and 45 days restricted duty. His 21st birthday will be a day he won't forget... for many reasons. He knows he was wrong but is still dealing with the punishment. He has been very busy and I haven't been hearing from him very much. I am not sure if that is because of the extra duty or because of what is going on in North Korea. Either way, I am his Mom and I worry about him.

Christina is getting ready for the fall play, a comedy 'Faulty Towers' and opening night is October 27th. She has a major roll and is very excited. I know she will be wonderful! She is looking forward to everything going on during her senior year. She is yet to decide where she wants to go for college, but will need to soon.

I can't forget Todd. He is so cute and we "ALL", yes that includes Zeb, grow more in love with him every day. He loves to play ball with Zeb and is getting a little better with doing his business outside, or maybe he is just training us better. Oh and he does bark... usually when he is playing with other dogs.

Seeing their lives take form, their trials and joys provides me the proof that life does move forward and everyday is not the same and shows me that they are still 'growing' each and every day!

No comments: