Wednesday, August 16, 2006

To Todd or not to Todd


It seems we have a new member of the family. Christina and I have been talking about a dog for at least a year... me with a list of 'wants' and 'not wants', Christina with a list of 'Anything Mom want's, I just want' and Zeb with a list of 'never wants'.
I have been thinking more about wanting a dog since my husband is working most of my sleeping hours, a sort of guard dog or atleast a pre-warning dog. On Monday evening, a friend of the family called with an available dog that fit my 'want and not want list' and said we should come to see him. She offered us to keep him for a few days to try him out. I held him, he licked my face and I was in love. Of course I new I had another hurtle to cross, Zeb.
The next afternoon I called Zeb and said, "Honey, I saw this cute dog and he is so sweet..." before I could finish Zeb replied, "Go get the dog and he better be there when I get home."
He has been here for two days and it seems like he has been here forever. He is a perfect fit. He is a five month old Pomeranian and has a gentle and quiet personality. He hasn't really barked yet and I am wondering if he does. He welcomes everyone that comes in with a cute little wiggle and a wag of his tail. I guess you can see he isn't going anywhere, he has melted 'ALL' our hearts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about melting my heart exactly (especially under the circumstances with Shadow) but he's friendly, mellow and doesn't bark. All big pluses.
What I said was also that she'd better go get him before I changed my mind.

TrotRocks said...

Very cute Shelly. Larry will have to meet him some day:-)

Ingrid said...

Shel, how surprising that he doesn't bark (yet?), because the first thing that came to mind was that dog character from toy story; bark bark bark bark bark! Dogs with their good senses, I'm sure if there was anything of concern snooping around your house, it would growl the living daylights out of 'him'.
dogless in Austin
Ingrid

Shel said...

Well, he did finally bark. He doesn't like being left alone and when I came home he was barking to be let out of his kennel. I am going to have to train him not to do that.
He also gave a small growl and small bark the other morning while I was getting ready for work and he heard something in the back yard. I gave him the 'Good Boy' for that.